Oscar and Rosie’s opened their doors just a few weeks ago as the latest edition to the pop-up style restaurants in Nottingham. The concept is nothing short of inspired.

The owner, a Nottingham based lawyer, used to get his lunch every day from a sandwich shop on Carrington Street. Being fed up with the lack of quality pizza in Nottingham and after getting to know the owner he came to an agreement whereby he could put a pizza oven in the back of the shop and use the site as a pop-up pizza restaurant by night.

Pizzas range from slow roasted butternut squash, chili and crispy smoked streaky bacon to ‘ Meat Sweats’.

The menu offers a good variety of pizzas, from the ‘The Checkpoint’; slow roasted butternut squash, chili and crispy smoked streaky bacon, to ‘ Meat Sweats’, which is covered in award winning pepperoni and bacon, as well as free range sausage meat infused with fennel, mozzarella and a choice of a tomato or BBQ base.

You can also make up a pizza yourself and they can all be made on a gluten free base! The pizzas are served up in recycled pizza boxes with all the meat being locally sourced. They come in two sizes (14” or 9”) and can be ordered online for free delivery.

The bases are a bit dry and the toppings were a little scarce.

The story is great, and the model is genius but at the moment the chef will have to put in some work to make his pizzas stand out from the rest. Unfortunately the bases are a bit dry and the toppings were a little scarce.

This being said, the owner is a full time lawyer by day and pizza baker by night and he is clearly still finding his feet. Nottingham could really do with a good pizza take away and considering the restaurant has only been open for a few weeks, this is definitely one to watch!

George Hughes-Davies

Image: British Mum via Flickr

Peter Pan @ Theatre Royal

Investment SOS: The LBD