I have often heard The Bible described as ‘The greatest book ever written’, which is why it surprises me that Hollywood have taken so long to see the value it holds as a source text for Epic films.

However, it appears that now they have seen their error, as we are set for a long line of Biblically related Blockbusters. Starting with Noah. Starring Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly and Emma Watson the trailer indicated powerful performances from the trio. The film is based around the Biblical story of Noah, who is directed by God to build an Ark which will hold two animals of every species to be rescued from the destructive flood that will destroy the Earth’s sinners.

From the Director of Black Swan Darren Aronofsky, Noah is his latest film since his critically acclaimed Black Swan in 2010. Noah is a huge project and falls within a genre that is bound to cause controversy; it will be interesting to see if his directional talent translates.

Early viewings with Jewish and Christian audiences in New York and Arizona respectively, apparently resulted in ‘troubling reactions’. Aronofsky has allegedly presented Noah as the earliest environmentalist.

Lucy O’Boyle

Click here for more from Trailer Watch.

Are you looking forward to Noah? Let us know via Facebook and Twitter, or leave a comment.

Trailer Watch - Big Bad Wolves

Mayhem Film Festival 2013 - Day Two