With the beginning of the New Year Impact Style takes a look at what to look forward to in the coming months. Becky Fearn interviewed Lily Pebbles on her beauty blogging success.

When you think of beauty blogging, a few key names spring to mind, but for me, Lily Pebbles is the one that never fails to stand out above all the rest. With a fan base consisting of 30,000 blog followers and over 100,000 YouTube subscribers (and counting), Lily has officially been living the dream by successfully turning her passion into a career.

Her blog is updated daily, often twice, and showcases stunningly sharp and visually dynamic photographs, varied, interesting posts and a sleek layout. It also goes without saying that Lily’s blog is exceptionally well written in that she has found her own unique writing style and sound. If you aren’t already a follower of lilypebbles.co.uk I insist you take a look; it’s a beauty junkie’s dream.

lp2

I was lucky enough to meet Lily outside the Topshop Unique show at fashion week back in September 2013. If I hadn’t been fangirling over her before, I definitely was after this experience, as she was exceptionally lovely and took the time to chat and take photos with us. After getting in touch with her afterwards, she kindly agreed to answer a couple of quick questions for Impact Style about women in the beauty blogging industry:

Hi Lily, why did you get into blogging and what is the most exciting bit about it for you? 

I started my blog at Uni as part of my Digital Marketing course but had been reading blogs for years already. Once I started I just became addicted and loved having my own creative output that I could do whatever I wanted with. I love the whole process of taking photos, putting the post together and then putting it live and seeing the comments roll in. I love hearing feedback from my readers. 

Do you have any tips or advice for young women or graduates trying to break into the blogging/beauty industry?  

A blog is a great thing to set up on the side of your University course or job. My main tip would be to just be patient; your followers will eventually grow. Try and be unique with what you write about and just don’t give up!

If you only had 2 minutes to pack a makeup bag for a weekend away, which 3 products would you have to include and why? 

My NARS Creamy Radiant Concealer because it covers everything and leaves a gorgeous glow, my NARS Laguna bronzer and my Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume mascara!

If you haven’t already, check out Lily’s blog for upcoming beauty releases, hauls, style tips and tutorials. I, for one, am very excited to see what Lily Pebbles brings to the 2014 beauty blogger table…you can be sure that it will be BIG.

Becky Fearn

Image Credits: lilypebbles.co.uk, Becky Fearn.

Follow Impact Style on Twitter and Facebook.

TV Review - Sherlock, Season 3 Episode 1: 'The Empty Hearse'

Armed Forces Visit UoN 15 Times in Two Years