While we may still be wrapping up in our thick winter coats and throwing on several layers just to brave the cold journey to campus, fashion is looking forwards – to Spring/Summer 2014. As the January sales come to an end the racks of Springtime clothing will take their place. While right now the warmer weather might seem worlds away, it’s never too soon to start prepping your wardrobe. So combat your post-Christmas blues with some early S/S shopping as Impact Style picks some of the top trends for the months to come.

1. Sport-Luxe: 

New year, new fitter and more stylish you? Kill two birds with one stone and tick off both these resolutions by donning some luxe sportswear as presented by Marc by Marc Jacobs in his SS’14 collection.

00260h_1280x1920_Fotor

2. Monochromatic

If you associate a spring wardrobe update with floral patterns and pastel colours then take note, this year SS’14 trends see a welcome contrast to this. Dark silhouettes, the likes of which graced the catwalk of Bottega Veneta, juxtapose sharply with the bright colours which typically adorn window displays after January. Invest in a black, tailored blazer this spring to effectively nail the trend.

00010h_1280x1920_Fotor

3. Flats

It isn’t only your wardrobe which will benefit from these new trends but your feet too as SS’14 sees the rise of the flat over the heel. Band of Outsiders teamed flat shoes with flowing evening dresses proving that you don’t need heels to look dressed up. Get your hands on a pair of brogues for an androgynous feel. Masculine shoes have been a consistent trend over the last few seasons and looks like one which is going to stick around for a while.

00010h_1280x1920-2_Fotor

4. The Collar

Contrasting collars also featured on several SS’14 runway shows. If you are feeling really daring place a patterned sweater over a printed collared shirt to embrace the trend in all its glory. If you are feeling a little less daring team a jewelled collar with a simple A-Line dress to look stylish this Spring. (Image below: Chanel)

chanel

Trust us: you won’t regret buying for your spring wardrobe early. When those unexpected warm days arrive, you’ll be prepared and looking bang on trend before anyone else.

Zoe Williamson

Follow Impact Style  on Twitter and Facebook

Images: vogue.com,  fashionbite.co.uk

Nottingham bar closes after police discover it was hosting a ‘cannabis event’

Army on Campus: 'Shock Horror, Organisation Tries to Recruit Employees!'