Impact Style are kicking off fashion month with daily reports from the four cities to give you the edited highlights of the best shows in town. Continuing with day three at New York fashion week, which is now well into its swing, showcasing the casual aesthetic for which the city is renowned. We’ve selected the most anticipated shows over the coming month to provide you with everything you’ll need to get prepared (as always, early) for the A/W season… Today we take a look at 3.1 Philip Lim, Tommy Hilfiger and Zac Posen. 

lim_Fotor

3.1 Philip Lim:

Philip Lim is one of the most exciting modern designers on the New York fashion scene, and this collection surely cements his reputation as a skilled, technical designer. The clothes on this season’s runway demonstrated a continuation of the haute-casual aesthetic which has been so influential over his past few New York shows. We saw beautifully embellished bomber jackets, shearling coats and draped dresses set alongside sharp collars and structured yet daring blazers. The standout pieces of the collection though were certainly the shearlings. Fuzzy pastels, vibrant raspberry tones and cool neutrals were combined in stunning exhibitions of Lim’s modern, urban aesthetic. The oversized shaping contrasted to the sharp leather panels to create a collection sure to head straight to the top of every New York fashionistas wish list. And as for that tote? Well, totes amaze.

Hilfiger 

Tommy Hilfiger:

A giant of American design, Hilfiger presented this season’s offering against a decidedly alpine backdrop. Fake snow, pine trees and ski gear littered the runway, perfectly reflecting the aesthetic of the collection which was brimming with cosy knits, coats, hats and scarves, the models well and truly wrapped up for the winter chill. Contrasting to Hilfigers exuberant summer collection, this offering consisted of muted and earthy tones, with touches of jewel-tones with garnets, rubies and amethysts enlivening each look. Fitting with the folksy soundtrack, Hilfiger seemed to draw an uncharacteristic inspiration from ideas of homespun, folk traditions, with flocked tunics, tartan shirts, exaggerated cable knitwear and fuzzy fur jackets suggesting a glance towards Scandinavia. This collection was the height of casual sport luxe, the models: fresh-faced and casual demonstrating a kind of elegance in the everyday that only Hilfiger could achieve. This was a collection for the all-American girl gone to Sweden, with chequered shirts, parkers and rodeo boots still holding a nostalgic tone of Americana. Hilfiger has given NYFW a new style icon: the bobble hat wearing, parker clad, Scandinavian Cowgirl.

posen_Fotor

Zac Posen:

Sophistication, elegance and glamour are words that have become synonymous with Zac Posen’s designs, and this year was no different. Seeming to draw influence from 1930’s Hollywood, models glided down the catwalk in stunning and elaborate ball gowns, refined and elegant skirt suits and a series of structured yet delicate satin dresses. Against a patina wooden floor and a smokescreen of drapery, the collection oozed a sense of power and beauty, the sepia- toned pallet suffused with heady dramatic numbers in aquamarine and scarlet. This was a collection from a Posen back to his very best.

Harriet Brown

Find Impact Style on Facebook or follow us on Twitter

Images: uk.tommy.com, vogue.co.uk

Invasion of the Sci-fi Allegory

NekNominate: Soon To Be History, But A Sign Of Our Times