Style

The Best and The Worst: Celebrity Style Teen Choice Awards 2014

This week, Impact Style brings you a special edition of ‘The Best and The Worst’ focusing on the Teen Choice Awards, held at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on 10th August.
THIS WEEK’S BEST DRESSED CELEBRITY: SHAY MITCHELL
shay-mitchell

The actress and blogger takes the title of best dressed celebrity this week, looking stunning in a white-hot lace two-piece getup paired with metallic accessories and a Rodo Clutch. She exudes that classic California-cool with her thick, messy side braid vamped up with a slick of dark red lipstick. Well done Shay!

NINA DOBREV
nina-dobrev

Runner up this week is none other than fellow teen-series starlet Nina Dobrev, who similarly chose to go for a cropped two piece, however she matches her top with tailored shorts. The watercolour-print separates by designer Vionnet in that gorgeous majestic blue and gold is punctuated by a pop of pink – which Nina accentuates by wearing Kurt Geiger heels of the same colour. Also opting for a casual side braid (new trend alert) and smokey eye makeup, Nina’s outfit brings a (literal) splatter of colour to the red carpet.

JENNIFER LOPEZ
jennifer-lopez
We’re certainly turning green with envy at the sight of Jennifer Lopez’s Teen Choice Awards outfit, an emerald Elie Saab Mini, paired with matching satin clutch and sandals. Oh, and we can’t forget her signature smoulder: J-Lo definitely knows how to kill it on the red carpet: teen stars, take note!
TAYLOR SWIFT
taylor-swift
Taylor gets it right again this week, sticking to the cropped trend with her matching bralet and flared skirt by designer Novis. Nothing screams summer more that bright colours and Taylor captures the essence not only in her outfit choice but also with her canary yellow Charlotte Olympia sandals and a bold coral lip. Keeping the rest of her outfit relatively low key, Taylor accessories with simple gold hoops and leaves her sleek shoulder bob loose.
LEA MICHELE
lea-michele

Lea channels beach-chic in her 60s-inspired colorblock Fausto Puglisi mini and tousled waves, accessorising only with a radiant smile. It might not be traditional red-carpet attire, but for the Teen Choice Awards, we’ll let this one slide.

THIS WEEK’S WORST DRESSED CELEBRITY: BELLA THORNE
bella thorne

Teen star Bella Thorne sadly ends up as our worst dressed celebrity of the week in her sculptural giant floral print dress. There’s something not quite right about the plunging bodice, and the lampshade-like skirt completely overwhelms her tiny frame. Never one to shy away from experimentation on the red carpet, Bella’s latest look fails to impress.

HAILEE STEINFELD

hailee-steinfeld

Like J-Lo, Hailee also wore Elie Saab to the event, however perhaps her look didn’t go down as well. She looks well beyond her 17 years in this frumpy dress, and not even the sheer panels could add a sense of playfulness to the piece. Paired with a heavy smokey eye, straight hair and black shoes, we can’t help but feel this whole look is entirely wrong for the fun and frivolous Teen Choice Awards.

SHAILENE WOODLEY

shailene-woodley

Though she was one of the big winners of the night, Shailene certainly won’t be taking home any awards for this outfit. Her feather print faux-wrap dress has just a little bit too much going on, although we do like her red Kurt Geiger heels. Keeping her hair and makeup characteristically minimal, Shailene’s overall look doesn’t fuel us with the same adoration as her movies do.

CHLOË MORETZ

chloe moretz

Unfortunately, Chloë proves that not all of the belly-baring looks that night were a success. We love the Valentino brocade shorts suit, but we can’t help but wonder whether Chloë got so swept up in the buzz of the Teen Choice Awards that she forgot to bring a top with her. Everything else about the look works, from her lightly tousled hair, smokey eye makeup and ruby Stuart Weitzman sandals: we just wish she would have ditched the belt-like bandeau and chosen a slightly longer version.
KYLIE JENNER
kylie-jenner

Fresh from celebrating her 17th birthday, Kylie’s Teen Choice Awards outfit doesn’t suggest anything remotely party-like about the occasion. Wearing a Sass & Bide wrap skirt and crop top paired with some painful looking strap sandals, Kylie could have embraced the ‘birthday girl’ label and gone for something a tad more exciting for the event.

Tara Bell

Follow Impact Style on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram

Images: Kevin Mazur, WireImage, Steve Granitz, FOX, Jason Merritt, Getty Images, Jordan Strauss, Invision, AP

Style