Style

The Best And Worst: Celebrity Style 27/07/2014-03/08/2014

Impact Style takes a look at the best and worst celebrity fashion had to offer this week.

THIS WEEK’S BEST DRESSED CELEBRITY: OLIVIA PALERMO

olivia palermo - lex grand opening new york -rex features (Copy)

Camo was 2013’s shortlived festival trend (thankfully), and we did not forsee it ever being worn again by those over the age of 15. At the Lex Grand Opening in New York, Olivia Palermo somehow manages to make it look chic, pairing her shorts and shoes with a masculine white shirt, and a thin white waist belt. 

GEMMA ARTERTON

gemma arteon - jasper conrad dress, audi international polo, getty (Copy)

Orange is the colour of the season, and Gemma Arteton styles it beautifully at the Audi International Polo event. She opts for a fitted Jasper Conrad dress, but what we loved most was the accessory choice of green drop earrings. Mixing bold colours, if done subtly, can make for the perfect summer look.

DIANNA AGRON

dianna agron, caroline herrara AKI-GSM, on the set of (Copy)

Grey is a colour that is not worn enough due to its monochrome counterparts continually stealing the show. Dianna Agron bucks the trend and looks undeniably classic whilst shooting on the set of ‘Headlock’. The Glee star keeps no secret about her love for Carolina Herrera dresses having worn her designs numerous times on the catwalk, and pairs this high-neck number with Cushnie Et Ochs Spring 2014 leather cape, and cut out boots.

NICOLE PELTZ

nicole peltz, christian dior, getty, age of the transformers conference (Copy)

Less is always more, and Nicole Peltz looks breathtaking in this refined Christian Dior dress at the Transfomers: Age of Extinction press conference. While white may be a safe choice for Spring Summer, Dior remixes the age-old trend with a thigh-high split.

THIS WEEK’S WORST DRESSED CELEBRITY: JESSICA ALBA

worsr1 - jessica alba - rex features (Copy)

From the sunglasses, which are eerily reminiscent of Men in Black, to the plaid shirt, our guess is Jessica had no plans of being caught in this outfit. If opting for a loose maxi dress, we would steer clear of pairing with another dark, heavy garment and instead opt for a chiffon, or linen cover up.

JENNIFER LOPEZ

jennifer lopez worst - rex (Copy)

Exhibit 2 of how not to style a maxi dress. This hippie-esque maxi from Minkpink, is actually a gorgeous summer piece, but Jennifer has done too much in the way of accessorising. Take off the gold chunky jewellery, aviators, big wooden sandals, and instead opt for a simple t bar sandal with loose tousled hair.

AMBER ROSE

worst-amber rose- AKI-GSM (Copy)

OK, so we all love Pharrel and his quirky style as much as the next person, but this Vivienne Westwood style hat, does Amber no favours. Similarly to Jennifer, there is just a bit too much going on with this outfit. Hawaiian print shirt, red checked plaid shirt, and the hat? She needs to take a leaf out of Nicole Peltz’s book, and acknowledge that less, is in fact more.

RITA ORA

rita ora pacific coast news worst (Copy)

Rita often embraces streetwear, but this style choice seems slightly ad hoc, and terribly makeshift. The deciding factor in our desicion to crown her one of the worst dresses celebrities this week is her footwear. The socks and sliders trend is a controversial one in itself, and one that only seems to work when styled with a refined approach.

Shope Delano

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram

Images: AK-GSI, Rex Features, Getty Images, Pacific Coast News

Style