Style

The Best and Worst: Instagram Edition 17/08/2014-24/08/2014

This week, Impact Style, brings you a special edition of ‘The Best and The Worst’, as we take to the app which is arguably a fashion resource in itself. Keep reading to see our best and worst looks from Instagram this past week…

THIS WEEKS BEST DRESSED:
@RACHELTEETYLER – 114k followers

insta1

Rachel Tasmin Tyler, Australian fashion blogger and part-time hair dresser, couldn’t have styled the monochrome trend any more effortlessly. She’s no stranger to the trend, in fact her day-to day style is pretty much comprised of it -her Instagram feed rarely deviates from this colour duo.The black platforms toughen up an otherwise refined outfit, and minimal accessorising means the figure hugging white co-ord, from Mama’s Boutique, speaks for itself.

@LENAPERMINOVA – 557k followers

insta2

Elena Perminova, Russian model and wife of media mogul Alexander Lebedev, takes silver, a notoriously difficult colour to style, and puts together an outfit that would have Street style photographers at their knees. Sporting a dior dress, and sunglasses hugely similar to Steff Deluxe Sunglasses by Wildfox, she exudes a certain Sex and the City vibe, that we can’t help but to commend. With A/W fast approaching, silver garments works as great transition pieces.

@FERALCREATURE – 187k followers

insta3

Euegénie Grey, LA-Based creative professional, sartorial influencer, and self-proclaimed ‘world wanderer’ makes us forget about our end of summer blues, with this boho meets traveller look. The mix of prints courtesy of Daily Look, and the bold jewellery from Maison De Morgana, tips the scales towards maximalism, without going over the top.

THIS WEEKS WORST DRESSED:
@BEYONCE – 15m followers

insta6

World-wide superstar and self proclaimed diva Beyonce Knowles very rarely gets it wrong. Whilst the bright colours work beautifully against her skin, the colour combination of the two together is confused, and not one we are much favoured towards. The orange tank paired with a white skirt would have had more of a stylish impact.

@RITAORA – 2.8m followers

insta4

British singer and song-writer Rita Ora, although often likened to Rihanna doesn’t share her ability to pull off extravagant outfits. At the DKNY Fragrance launch in New York, Rita pairs a custom-made DKNY frock, with DKNY Resort 15 flatform trainers. She fails to pull it off with the elegant prowess of Perminova, and instead the outfit looks very make-do.

@KIMKARDASHIAN – 17m followers

insta5

Kim Kardashian West’s sense of style has noticeably improved since her marriage to Kanye West, however this outfit doesn’t seem to reflect her new found sophistication. The phrase ‘more is more’, isn’t one that never caught on, and this outfit acts as good reason. The cut out sides, and considerable cleavage in this Yiqing Yin jumpsuit leave little to the imagination, and despite the chic strappy sandals, this outfit remains well and truly out of our good books.

Shope Delano

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram

Images: instagram.com

Style