Style

The Best and The Worst: Celebrity Style 22-28/09/2014

Impact Style takes a look at the best and worst celebrity fashion had to offer this week.

This Week’s Best Dressed Celebrity: Amal Alamuddin

Not the most obvious choice for the best dressed list, but the wedding of Hollywood’s most famous bachelor George Clooney deserved some coverage, especially with the sort of fashion on show. The world waited with bated breath to see what gorgeous new wife, civil rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin, would wear, and she certainly didn’t disappoint. Our favourite looks showcased by Amal during the weekend’s festivities was a beautiful laced Giambattista Valli Couture dress with floral embellishments and a custom Stella McCartney blouse and wide-leg trouser suit combo, accessorized with a wide-rimmed hat and cream clutch. She couldn’t look more elegant if she tried; we definitely feel a new style crush coming along.

clooney girl
Emma Watson

Emma Watson looks effortlessly chic yet again in a Dior coat dress which she wore to the HeforShe Campaign launch in NYC this week. It seems as though this woman can do no wrong: not only did she deliver an incredibly inspirational speech on gender equality at the UN, but Goodwill Ambassador Emma exuded her characteristic confidence and sophisticated style as she did it. Truly a role model for us all.

emma-watson
Nicole Richie

Nicole Richie proves that less is more in her outfit choice for the launch of her House of Harlow Fall 2014 Jewelry line in NYC, going for a basic black dress with cut out detailing on the super-low back. She completes the look by slicking back her silvery-blue hair and adding some colour with emerald green cuffs and a matching necklace. Simple and sleek, Nicole impresses us with her laid-back style yet again.

nicole-richie

Allison Williams

Another celebrity going for the understated vibe this week was Girls actress Allison Williams, who wore Vionnet to the Global Citizen festival in NYC. The navy crop-top and midi skirt ensemble was right on trend, and she decided to stick to simplicity by leaving out accessories and going for a tousled waves and a fresh-faced makeup look: we approve.

allison-williams

This Week’s Worst Dressed Celebries
Hilary Duff
Hilary Duff makes continues her music comeback at the iHeart Radio festival in Las Vegas, going for a black and silver Anthony Vaccarello minidress with a statement ‘ruffle’ which she accessorized with gunmental jewelry and black stilettos. If it had been a plain leather dress it might have been acceptable, but the strange tin foil-esque silver additions and precariously positioned chest cutout turn this into a bit of a red carpet disaster.

hilary-duff

Iggy Azalea

Also in attendance at the iHeart Radio fesitval was fellow singer Iggy Azalea, who wore a patchwork minidress and high-top trainer wedges. Not only is the combination of pink, lilac and red something that should never happen, but the dress itself has us wondering whether Iggy was planning on hitting up the ice-skating championships following her stint on the red carpet; definitely not her best look.

iggy-azalea

Jennifer Hudson

Jennifer Hudson dresses down for the launch of her new album JHUD in NYC, wearing a casual plain silky tank, a graphic-print mini-skirt, thigh-high leather boots and fishnet tights. It seems as though the top and bottom parts of her outfit are completely mutually exclusive, and, come on Jennifer, everyone knows that fishnets and leather really only suggest one thing…

jennifer-hudson

Maggie Gyllenhaal
Actress Maggie Gyllenhaal looks well beyond her years in this frumpy vintage floral dress and black jeweled jacket, which she wore to the Women in Cable Telecommunications Leadership Touchstones Luncheon in NYC. Maybe it’s the slightly awkward stance, but Maggie looks more like an elderly librarian (if we’re doing stereotypes here) than the successful Hollywood actress that she is- Maggie you really can do a lot better!

maggie-gyllenhaal

This Week’s Worst Dressed Celebrity: Rita Ora

This week’s worst dressed celebrity is none other than serial style offender, Rita Ora. We’ve definitely witnessed a fair share of her weird and not-so-wonderful ways in previous red-carpet appearances, but this is just something else. A cross between a gangster, harajuku girl and barbie doll gone wrong, Rita attempts colour coordination at the launch of her collaboration with Adidas Originals in Seoul, South Korea. She matched her neon sneakers with her paneled sweatshirt, pants (UNDER her ripped up jeans) and hair style: resulting in one big, bright mess.

rita-ora

Tara Bell

Follow Impact Style on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram

Images: Getty, PA, Nancy Kaszerman, Zuma, Ilya S. Savenok, Han Myung-Gu, WireImage, Steve Granitz, Debby Wong, Corbis, Cindy Ord, Larry Busacca

Style