Style

Style News 13-20/10/14

This week in Style… 

1. Alexander Wang for H&M 

2

News of an H&M collaboration always sends shivers of excitement down my spine, however the upcoming launch of Alexander Wang for the popular high street store sends downright shock waves coursing through me. In the much anticipated collection, due to launch November 6th, Wang answers all our clubbing problems- providing sleek, stylish and sexy clothing inspired by sportswear. “I love this idea of when you’re out dancing and running around at night, you sweat” comments Wang, and infused this idea into his pieces; cropped sports bras with Wang logos that “only appear when you sweat”, graphic leggings, cropped jumpers with ‘Wang’ emblazoned across the front. They’re clothes that can be worn partying, and then for your hangover curing run in the morning; functional, fabulous and far too tempting.

2. Faux Fur Coats

1

As the chill starts to set in in the coming Winter months, the thought of donning soft, cosy fur fills me with warmth. It hung from the shoulders of model after model in both Autumn/Winter and Spring/Summer London fashion shows, and has now found its way to the high street stores in every possible form. From pink to blue, teddy-bear coats to shaggy sheepskin and glossy furs: they are the only coats to be seen in this season. I should add that this is no cropped jacket affair, at least to mid-thigh is a necessity, and even longer if you dare.

3. Vogue: The Gown 

5

Just released is Jo Ellison’s absolute treasure trove of beauty and fashion, ‘The Gown’. This exquisite book features more than 300 sublime creations from the very best designers of the past century, as well as demonstrating the unparalleled talent of photographers from Cecil Beaton to Corinne Day to Mario Testino. The beautiful gowns evoke every girl’s dreams, fairytales and fantasies, creating a world of wonder, petals, fabric and pearls. It would be foolish to not at least have a look at the pinnacles of the century’s fashion.

4. Suki the new Cara?

3

Rumours have begun to spread about Suki Waterhouse’s slow but strong climb up the beauty ladder,  as she has just been picked to face Burberry’s new cosmetic range: Fresh Glow Fluid Foundation and Fresh Glow Compact. Not only this, but she walked the catwalk for the high fashion brand in their Spring/Summer 2015 show, as well as opening and closing Christopher Bailey’s. A busy gal, but is she really going to replace best friend Cara Delevingne as Britain’s favourite model? Unlikely, I would argue; however, with the power trio of Suki, Cara and Kate Moss at the end of their camera lense, Burberry is in for one successful season.

5. Halloween Glam 

4

Forget the scary, bordering on weird, costumes that find their way out on this witchy night and embrace the real look with supple leather, intricate embroidery and mystical lace that sauntered down the catwalk at London Fashion Week. Erdem and Christopher Kane did it particularly well, combining femininity with varying textures and deep black; bring out your inner witchcraft by following in their example.

Harriet Papworth

Images: fashion.thetelegraph.co.uk, erdem.com, thedailymail.co.uk

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram

StyleStyle News