Trailer Watch – Tomorrowland

Last week, Disney stepped forward to unveil the teaser trailer for their new feature, Tomorrowland. Brad Bird, director of The Incredibles, is the second to take on the task converting a Disney World parks attraction into a film. The first, Gore Verbinski, had elevated success with the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise – will Tomorrowland reach the same heights? From the look of this teaser, I would say absolutely.

What if you could pick up a pin and be instantly taken to a place where nothing is impossible? Casey Newton (Britt Robertson), a girl who feels out of touch with her world, teams up with Frank Walker (George Clooney), a former boy-genius turned disillusioned inventor, to discover such a place, Tomorrowland, and together change the world.

Disney have always done a great job of taking ordinary folk and transporting them to some place magical, and Tomorrowland may be taking this concept as literally as it can. Combining reality with magic with science, Disney’s new venture appears to be ticking all of the boxes of cinematic wonderment, and if the film lives up to the bar this trailer has set, we may be awaiting one of the biggest films of 2015 when it’s released on May 22nd in the UK.

Leigh Campbell

Click here for more Trailer Watch.

Let us know your thoughts on this trailer for Tomorrowland via Facebook and Twitter, or leave a comment below.

Writer and Editor for the Film & TV section of Impact, Bharat is a keen previewer, reviewer and sometimes just viewer, of all things cinematic and televisual, with a particular passion for biographical pictures, adaptations and sitcoms.