Food

RATE YOUR PLATE @ BARBURRITO

Finally, the Mexican food revolution is arriving in England. Just ten years ago you would have struggled to find someone who knew the difference between a fajita and a taco, never mind sourcing the perfect mole sauce for your enchiladas! Now it really does seem that this cuisine is in full swing here, with Mexican eateries and little burrito bars popping up everywhere. 

Nottingham is embracing the trend (and let’s hope it’s a trend that’s here to stay) with the arrival of BARBURRITO, which has been around for just over a year.  This quick-bite, casual restaurant is actually part of a larger chain run by Morgan and Paul, who gave up their day jobs to try out their foodie dream.

The food is delicious with a good variety of the standard options: burritos, tacos, nachos, and burrito bowls.  Once your base is selected, there are then a variety of meats or veggies to choose from and an extensive range of toppings from different types of rice, beans, salsas, and more.  The guacamole is extra of course, but any true avocado addict knows that the price (additional 75p) is worth it! The pulled pork was really good and the rice had a great spiciness to it.  The mushrooms were an interesting addition that I haven’t seen before in burritos,  but they went really well with the different flavours.

Barburrito

As for the tacos, I’d definitely recommend the hard shells over the flour ones, even if I would have preferred those served at BARBURRITO to be a bit crispier.  The burritos were a little smaller than usual, but they were still really filling and didn’t fall apart as much as you can sometimes find; burrito folding really is an art form! I can’t help but wish that fish tacos were an option, or maybe enchiladas, which would suit this winter weather so well. But hey, I guess they don’t fit grab and go style quite as well – this is a burrito bar after all.

The service was very friendly and the staff were good at explaining how everything worked for any Mexican food novices out there. A clean restaurant, with a simple style perfect for a casual meal with friends.

Even better, flash your student card all year round for 10% off food and 30% off drinks, or pop along after 7pm on Thursdays for a burrito and beer for £7.

22 King St, Nottingham, NG1 2AS

Lizzie Frainier

Keep up with Impact Food on Facebook and Twitter

Image Credits: Lizzie Franier and  Lauren Wilson

FoodFood Reviews