Style

The Best And The Worst: Celebrity Style – 27/09/2014-02/10/2014

Impact Style takes a look at the best and worst celebrity fashion had to offer this week.

This Week’s Best Dressed Celebrity: Blake Lively

Blake Lively BEST1

Blake has been all of over social media since she announced her pregnancy at the beginning of October. She and Ryan Reynolds seem to be the American sweethearts at the moment. Blake is known for her gorgeous red carpet moments and her appearance at the Gabrielle Angel´s Ball was no exception. Blake stunned in a dress that exaggerated her baby bump but added some edge to it with a plunging neckline. 10 out of 10 for this look!

Naya Rivera

naya-rivera-BEST2

The Glee star looked stunning in a fuchsia wrap dress with a plunging neckline at the Bowen Smith Wildlife Show. This colour compliments her skin tone and gives her a certain glow. Nala used dainty gold accessories such as a boxy clutch and simple gold strap heels to complete the look.

Jessica Chastain

jessica-chastain-BEST4

Jessica brought sunshine to the American Cinematheque Award gala in a yellow Givenchy Couture gown. She looks radiant in this colour, which compliments her beautiful ginger hair. The bejewelled neckline and the textured gold belt add the finishing touches to this elegant and stunning red carpet outfit.

Kerry Washington

Kerry Washington BEST3

Without doubt, Kerry has had some of the best red carpet moments this year. Kerry usually goes flowing colourful gowns on the red carpet. However, at the Elle Women in Hollywood event, Kerry wore a cute black mini structured dress with a blue fold-over neckline. The blue colour compliments her skin tone and the structure of the dress is edgy and chic.

This Week’s Worst Dressed Celebrity: Juno Temple

juno-temple-WORST5

This outfit is a real head-turner, but not in a good way. Juno stayed true to her quirky style at the premiere of Horn, but maybe a bit too quirky. The combination of yellow and navy-blue is overwhelming and the accessories she chose do not add any good features to this outfit at all.

Jessie J

jesse-j-WORST3

Yet another style risk from Jessie J at the MOBO awards, however not a successful one. The sparkling brown fabric is overbearing and exudes 80´s fancy dress rather than a red carpet outfit.

Gwen Stefani

gwen-stefani-WORST2

Gwen Stefani is known for her daring rocker-chic outfits and her appearance at the CBS Radio Can Survive Concert was no exception. She turned up wearing black from head to toe, quite literally with her dip dyed black hair. However, the plastic look of the bomber jacket and trousers aren’t doing her any favours. Minus the jacket and the questionable black streak the outfit could’ve been quite chic.

Diana Argon

dianna-agron-WORST1 

Karl Lagerfeld once said that floral prints were for the elderly. Which is not always true, but in this case he was right. Diana Argon attempted to style a floral co-ord at the 2014 CFDA/VOGUE Fashion event. However, perhaps she should have left this outfit in the nan´s closet. The combination of vibrant colours, white caged heels and dark eye make up is confusing and hurts the eyes!

Chanel Bjork
Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram
Images: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage, Donato Sardella/Getty, Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic, Tristan Fewings/Getty, Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic, Stephen Lovekin/Getty, Jim Spellman/WireImage, Christopher Polk/Getty, Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images

Style