Style

The Must-Have Autumn/Winter Coats

Since A/W is well underway, our contributors round-up the best coats and jackets on the high-street to ensure your style reigns supreme despite the artic temperatures.

THE FUR

furcoat

Harriet: “Fur is huge this season and this beautiful monsoon cape is smart, sophisticated and multi-functional. To top it off, the colour will go with literally everything.”

THE PONCHO

Zara coat

Raphaela: “I’m obsessed with fur at the moment, but sadly our British weather – though rainy as it is – hardly ever allows for anything warmer than an unbuttoned trench. And if I am really honest I wouldn’t want to carry a fur coat around uni either. This poncho from Zara is the perfect bridge option: Just enough fur to make it comfy and cosy, small enough to fit under your seat in a lecture and warm enough to keep the autumn breeze out without getting too hot when walking up the hill from Keighton auditorium to the library.”

A TWIST ON THE CLASSIC CAMEL COAT

awcoat1

Ike: “I love this River Island coat because it puts an edgy twist on the classic camel coat and the thick material makes it feel so luxurious. Will be keeping me warm all winter long!”

THE COATS TO SUIT OPPOSING MOODS

coats

Shope: “Weekday is a shop not many people are aware of, but their coats are to die for. When it comes to A/W coats I had to choose two, one to suit each mood! One for the sophisticated, Olivia Pope days of polo-necks and heeled boots, and the other for the more Phoebe Lettice type casual days, of loose tee’s and trainers.”

Harriet Papworth, Ike Denloye, Raphaela Maria and Shope Delano

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram

Images: zara.co.uk, shop.weekday.com, riverisland.com, uk.monsoon.co.uk

Style