Trailer Watch – Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Despite being over a year away from release, fans have been treated to a first look at Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

The Force Awakens takes place thirty years after the events of The Return of The Jedi, and it shows with this teaser. A sleeker more menacing storm trooper design, a fun looking spherical astromech droid, and, most exciting of all, a brand new Sith Lord (with an impressive looking lightsaber) are just a few features of what are sure to be many magnificent reinventions for the franchise.

Even so, from the few clips we see, the camera angles, iconic theme music and ominous voice-over all feel very reminiscent of the much loved original trilogy, suggesting a satisfying balance between old and new in this cinematic revival of the Star Wars saga.

In all this excitement, there is still no indication to plot nor any look at Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford or Carrie Fisher, all returning to their roles as Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia respectively, which is forgiven considering this teaser achieves its aim to leave us craving more.

The anticipation for this teaser was sky high, and it delivered. Find out if Star Wars: The Force Awakens can do the same when it releases on December 18th 2015.

Glenn Tanner

Click here for more Trailer Watch

Let us know your thoughts on this trailer via Facebook and Twitter, or leave a comment.

Writer and Editor for the Film & TV section of Impact, Bharat is a keen previewer, reviewer and sometimes just viewer, of all things cinematic and televisual, with a particular passion for biographical pictures, adaptations and sitcoms.