Style

The Best and The Worst: 22-29/05/2015

Impact Style takes a look at the best and worst celebrity fashion had to offer this week.

This week’s best dressed celebrity: Diane Kruger

diane

Diane Kruger sparkles her way to the top in this stunning beaded strapless gown, worn to the Martell 300th Anniversary event in Versailles, France. Diane is known for her classic, old-hollywoodesque appeal which she often juxtaposes with more avant-garde, adventurous pieces. Although this look is more of the former than the latter, Diane proves she can pull off glam like no other. Pairing her dress with simple black ankle-strap sandals and matching clutch, Dianne keeps her hair and makeup simple, going for classic waves and a smokey eye. A tried-and-tested but winning combination!

Naomie Harris

naomie

Also in attendance at the Martell event was actress Naomie Harris, who similarly wore a strapless Roksanda gown. The coral hue of the dress sets off Naomie’s flawless skin perfectly, and is the ideal colour for summer. She accessorizes with a gold Edie Parker clutch, but keeps her jewelry to a minimum, going for simple gold-drop earrings and a matching bracelet. She sweeps her hair behind her and and goes for a fresh-faced look, finishing off looking positively glowing.

Sienna Miller 

sienna

There’s something whimsical about Sienna Miller’s beauty, and her appearance at the Cannes closing ceremony proves this entirely. Wearing a blue Gucci gown, Sienna combines contrasting materials, smooth and streamlined at the top, with a floating full skirt at the bottom, separated by a champagne ribbon and floral tie to emphasise the waist. She ditches the hair down or up-do dichotomy and instead opts for french braids to a add playful element to her ethereal look.

Amal Clooney 

amal

Throughout this year, Amal Clooney has cemented her position as a style icon, with this red carpet appearance being no exception. Amal wears a custom Maison Margiela gown by John Galliano to the Tokyo premiere of Tomorrowland. The bright hue of the dress is eye-catching without being offensive, and it expertly matched with a golden watch and bracelet. This material is notoriously hard to pull off but Amal does it with an unwavering ease, gliding down the carpet as a vision in gold.
Amy Adams 
amy
Amy Adams is the epitome of elegance. The look she goes for here harkens back to some of her infamous outfits in the award-winning film American Hustle, set in the 70s, where she plays the glamorous partner-in-crime to conman Christian Bale. At an event to celebrate Kurt Geiger’s flagship store opening in London, Amy wears a Max Mara blushed sheath, camel coat, nude purse and, of course, Kurt Geiger’s very own sparkly gold pumps. Though she is clothed entirely in neutrals, this look is anything but boring. Oozing class and sophistication, Amy does it again.
This week’s worst dressed celebrity: Kesha 
kesha
Anyone who’s been watching the red carpet at recent events knows that the sheer, diamante trend has been all the rage, with Beyonce, Kim Kardashian and Jennifer Lopez all famously pulling off the look at the Met Gala this month. Kesha, unfortunately, does not join these ladies. She wore a sparkly peplum leotard and matching tights, a freakish mix of yellow and lime green wig, and some god-awful ice-skating style boots to a pool party event at Rehab Club in Vegas this week. Why anyone would wear a leotard and tights to a pool event is beyond the question, what she really needs is to get into that pool, scrub off her old style and replace it with something a little bit more tasteful.
Pink
pink
I’d like to think that we’ve come a long way from thinking that women can’t wear suits but Pink shows just how important it is to wear the right sort of suit. Suits can make women look glamorous, elegant and sophsicated: words which sadly escape this description. Not only are the colours of the trousers and blazer entirely different, but they are also tragically ill-fitting and frumpy, making Pink look like she borrowed her fathers suit on a whim. Despite looking like she is attending a funeral, ironically, she wore this to Elle’s Women in Music Celebration in Hollywood. This outfit leaves little to celebrate about. Sorry, Pink.

Hailee Steinfeld

hailee

Hailee Steinfeld is a beautiful young girl, but you honestly wouldn’t know judging from this outfit. The creepy bondage-style buckles, fish net-esque material and strategically placed cut outs make Hailee look like something she’s definitely not (read between the lines here). Her poker-straight hair and OTT smokey eye makeup ages her significantly, and suggests that she needs to be sexed up in order to gain attention, which is absolutely not the case. It’s great to experiment with fashion and your youth is a perfect time to do it, but just not in this way.
Keke Palmer
keke
There is so much going on with this outfit it’s hard to find a place to start. Keke Palmer wears a metallic multi coloured Rubin Singer trouser and cropped blazer combo with a white buttoned up shirt, silver Stewart Weitzman sandals and a pink bag to Elle’s Women in Music Celebration event. Clearly the thought of it was too much for Keke, who planned her outfit amidst a mad bought of excitement, pairing colours and prints which definitely should not be worn together. The result is an explosion of confusion: the abstract, haphazard vibe of the stripes on a shiny satin suit, the dreadfully boring shirt and the barbie-like tiny pink bag (either long strap, or no strap, please) seem to be a mix of entirely separate styles which really are not working together.
Julie Bowen 
julie
Remember that time you had a really bad cold and you chucked a tissue to the other side of the room in a half-hearted attempt to get it into the bin? Well Julie Bowen found it, and decided to wear it to the Modern Family Season Finale Screening in California this week. Now, I love Julie and think she’s hilarious, but even I have to admit that this outfit is more comical than classy. The dress, which could do with a good iron, is paired with Nicholas Kirkwood pumps with hexagonal baubles on them, and a Rauwolf clutch. Accessories are non-existant, and her hairstyle is more on the shabby than shabby-chic. Julie, you can do better than this!
Tara Bell
Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram
Images: Julien M. Hekimian, Getty, Okauchi, REX Shutterstock, Richard Young, Mindy Small, Film Magic, Vince Flores, Startraks, B. Lacroix, WireImage, Stefanie Keenan, Frederick M. Brown

Style