Sir David Greenaway honoured with Festscrift

The Vice Chancellor at the University of Nottingham is to be awarded a Festschrift to celebrate his work in the field of economics.

The Festschrift, which is a collection of writings published in honour of a scholar, will feature contributions from internationally renowned economists closely linked with Sir Greenaway.

Professor Peter Egger, Professor of Applied Economics, ETH Zurich and co-organiser of the Festschrift, stated, “Professor Sir David Greenaway has contributed in a major way to economics in general and specially to the field of international economics through a sizable number of research articles”.

“As an academic, being the focus of a Festschrift is a very great honour and I would like to express my gratitude to all who have put time and effort into this edition of the journal”

Sir Greenaway said, “As an academic, being the focus of a Festschrift is a very great honour and I would like to express my gratitude to all who have put time and effort into this edition of the journal”.

Contributors include Dr Egger, Professor Giovanni Facchini, Director of GEP, Professor Chris Milner, co-organiser and Professor of International Economics, University of Nottingham, Professor Carl Davidson, Michigan State University Professor Ray Riezman, University of Iowa and Dr Joana Silva, The World Bank.

Professor Egger added, “Beyond his great success in publishing, Sir David was enormously influential and successful in building the University of Nottingham’s school of economics”.

Sir Greenaway was appointed to the University as a Professor of Economics in 1987 and served a Pro-Vice-Chancellor for both Research and Infrastructure before his appointment as Vice-Chancellor in 2008.

“Beyond his great success in publishing, Sir David was enormously influential and successful in building the University of Nottingham’s school of economics”

He was a member of the government’s Asia Task Force 2004-2014, and a member of its Higher Education Task Force. Furthermore, he is Chair elect of the Russell Group of Universities, Chair of CASE Europe and Deputy Lieutenant of Nottinghamshire.

He has also acted as a consultant to The World Bank, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the European Commission, the United Nations, the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade, and HM Treasury.

A conference will be held in honour of Sir David at 9am on Thursday 25th June at Highfield House to coincide with the Festshrift.

Hannah Eves

Image: University of Nottingham

Follow Impact News on Facebook and Twitter