Trailer Watch – Victor Frankenstein

It’s going to take something special to forget about FOX’s latest flop, Fantastic Four but Victor Frankenstein looks extremely promising, but after watching the trailer I can’t seem to erase two words from my mind… Sherlock Holmes?

Firstly, to clarify, Sherlock Holmes is not in this film! However there’s an essence of it about this film. The colour pallet, costumes and effects used look very similar to Guy Ritchie’s version. Then you notice Andrew Scott (Moriarty in Sherlock) making an entrance and then discover Mark Gatiss (Creator and actor in Sherlock) is also in the film but then the mystery is unravelled when googling reveals the director, Paul McGuigan, actually directed 4 episodes of Sherlock!

The film is based on the first third of Shelley’s book and is from the point of view of Frankenstein’s assistant, Igor, played by Daniel Radcliffe. The duo of McAvoy and Radcliffe really seems to blossom as they bounce off of each other well with one-liners and a beautiful bromance seems to be brewing. Towards the end of the trailer we see the monster running riot and its design looks the most convincing yet and not the green skinned, bolted neck, zombie-esque used in previous adaptions. The creature and the film appear as if they will fit comfortably within the horror genre and stay connected with Mary Shelley’s novel unlike last year’s catastrophe offering “I, Frankenstein”.

It’s alive and hopefully the box office will be when Victor Frankenstein opens in cinemas on November 25th.

Luke Norman

Click here for more Trailer Watch

Let us know your thoughts on the latest trailer via Facebook and Twitter, or leave a comment.