Trailer Watch – Arrow Season 4

Warning – Spoilers! If you haven’t seen the finale of Arrow season 3, stop reading now.

Oliver Queen just can’t catch a break. After last season’s epic showdown with Ras’ Al-Ghul, things finally seemed to be looking up for the billionaire vigilante. With his alter ego presumed dead, Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) drove into the sunset for their much deserved happy ever after.

As such, some fans may be sceptical about reopening this neatly tied bow. However, by the looks of the trailer, there are more untied strings than we initially thought.

In particular, Oliver’s decision to hang up the hood has created tension with his former team. The opening offers glimpses of his new home with Felicity. ‘The ‘Arrow’ is dead,’ chimes Oliver’s voiceover, ‘I couldn’t be that person even if I wanted to…and I don’t want to be’. That’s not the attitude of former ally John Diggle (David Ramsey), who believes that he ‘walked away’ from a larger duty. Inevitably, Oliver is dragged back into the world of crime fighting. This debate presents countless opportunities for mid-mission disputes, with dire consequences. One thing’s for certain, Oliver’s return to heroism won’t be easy.

Additionally, the trailer teases a number of new and returning characters. Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh), appears on a billboard commemorating his death. Last season, Palmer was caught in an explosion whilst working on a high-tech nano-suit. Whilst presumed dead, Routh has confirmed involvement with season 4. This begs the question, what happened during the explosion? Was he shrunk down to a smaller size? Will he fulfil his destiny by becoming The Atom? Only time will tell.

Arrow - Pic 2

Equally exciting are the images of Matt Ryan as John Constantine. That’s right, we’ll have another superhero crossover! So far, all we know is that he will factor into the fallout of Sara Lance’s (Caity Lotz) resurrection. We also get our first look at this season’s big baddie, Damien Darhk (Neal McDonough), mentioned frequently during the season 3 finale.

The trailer sets up a lot of action for the upcoming season. Those who were worried can rest easy; the Arrow-verse still has many stories to tell. Be sure to catch season 4 when it premieres in October.

Joe Jones

Click here for more Trailer Watch

Let us know your thoughts on the latest trailer via Facebook and Twitter, or leave a comment.

Film & TVTV Reviews