Style

Inspirations Of The Week

Five things that inspired us this week and determined the way we dressed

1. That’s So Raven

inspo raven

Recently I have been watching one of my childhood staples, That’s so Raven, Raven has always been an inspiration to me but it was more to do with her bubbly personality but while re watching the show, it is her style that catches my eye. The character is an aspiring fashion designer so her outfits were never going to be basic but the amount of colour she wears and the amount of looks she tries is just incredible. More than anything it’s got me feeling more creative in choosing an outfit every morning. Like, why can’t I wear a mint green suit with ruffles?

2. The Latin American Music Awards

inspo amas

Last week the first Latin American music awards took place, and sequins and metallics were the main themes on the red carpet, it’s great to see women confident and not shying away from attention grabbing clothing. All that sparkle made me think of the holiday season which undeniably exciting and will be here just before you know it. During that time there will be parties, socials and balls that we’ll be soon dressing up for, and there no reason I won’t be sparkling all Christmas long.

3. Selena Gomez 

inspo selena

The gorgeous actress revealed this week that she has lupus, during this period of illness she has gained weight and has been a victim of fat shaming but instead of hiding away, she travelled and enjoyed London, Paris and New York fashion week, embracing her body, enjoying fashion no matter the changes her body goes through. This is the ultimate inspiration to not only enjoy life but also to enjoy fashion, your way.

4. Bridal Fall 2016 collections

indigital media

Designers debuted their Bridal fall 2016 collections, and it reminded me of just how elegant white looks, especially in the winter. For someone like me, who regularly falls into the rut of always wearing all black, the classic colour sometimes can feel too bright but seeing how simply beautiful has definitely got me looking at some all-white outfits for the winter.

5. Paris Fashion Week

PicMonkey Collage

Paris fashion week is one of my favourites of the month (tied with London of course) always incredible and SS16 was no expectation but I also find it the hardest to fit Parisian style into to my university wardrobe. So seeing elegant yet everyday wearable overall’s from designers like Balenciaga and Chloé, my heart skipped a beat, I have already started looking for the perfect pair to wear from now through to summer.

Ikeoluwa Denloye

Credits: indigital, Disney Channel, www.telemundo.com, selenagomez.com, MCV, Kim Weston Arnold / Indigitalimages.com

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram

Style