Style

And The Best-Dressed TV Show goes to…

As the nights are getting colder and longer, exam session peaks its cruel head over our social lives. Student loans are getting exhausted, those wild nights out, with their 3am kebabs and 2pm ‘mornings’ are becoming a thing of the past. Cosy nights in with plentiful blankets, tea, and our companion, the TV, are all the rage now. Make sure to stay stylish with our selection of the best dressed shows of all time:

SCREAM QUEENS

This hit American comedy/horror is just as chic as it is gruesome. A melange of Mean Girls and Pretty Little Liars, the plot revolves around a sorority house whose residents are being mowed down (literally) one by one by an unidentified culprit in a devil’s costume. But the mystery isn’t the only thing that will have you captivated – the outfits of the sorority girls deserve a mention of their own. Clad in Chanel-esque suits, ear muffs, layers of diamonds, and enviable fur coats, these girls really know how to scream in style.

SEX AND THE CITY

024-sex-and-the-city-theredlist

This timeless classic still ignites major fashion envy even 20 years after it first aired. Manolo Blahnik and Dolce and Gabbana are just a couple of the designers who made it into the coveted wardrobes of Carrie, Charlotte, Samantha and Miranda as they gallivanted around New York. Each leading lady had her own style; Carrie, chic and sophisticated, Charlotte, preppy and elegant, Samantha, seductive yet professional, Miranda, girl boss at its finest. Sipping on Martinis, decked in Gucci and Fendi, these women were, and continue to be, the epitome of sophistication and style.

GOSSIP GIRL

12231134_10208076707704791_1018537163_n

Gossip Girl filled the New York shaped hole that Sex and the City left behind. This glamorous, provocative show explored the personal lives of Manhattan’s most privileged teens as they made their way through a plush private school and university. But with it came hoards of expensive clothes and extravagant jewellery. Even plaid school uniforms were transformed into something you’d expect to see on a runway, whilst headbands soon became a staple for teenage girls thanks to Blair and her minions. Meanwhile, Blair and BFF Serena were often seen jetting off to fashion capitals such as Paris, where they explored, clad in Moschino, whilst snacking on macaroons from Ladurée. The show also played host to an array of guest appearances from powerful players in the fashion world, including Karlie Kloss, Tory Burch, Tyra Banks, Vera Wang, and Women’s Wear Daily. Every outfit was carefully pieced together, whilst the show inspired a host of series that would ensure style was a priority, XOXO.

THE HILLS

the_hills_700x394

The four years that The Hills graced our screens were some of the most drama-filled of the century. Despite the tantrums, screaming matches and betrayals that plagued the glamorous, LA lives of Lauren Conrad, Heidi Pratt, Audrina Patridge and co, the Hills was a pioneer in reality TV. The clothes were almost at the centre of the show – from Lauren’s enviable internship at Teen Vogue and attendance at the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, to the Chanel Boy Bags that graced the arm of almost every cast member. Whitney has gone on to launch her own clothing brand, Whitney Eve, whilst Lauren runs the successful laurenconrad.com which covers everything from fashion to beauty to fitness. Is it time for a reunion yet?

MADE IN CHELSEA

12233362_10208076707744792_14535173_n

This home-grown hit just keeps getting better and better. The same concept as The Hills, but set in Chelsea, London, therefore richer (if that’s even possible), and considerably more posh. Made in Chelsea boasts one of the most stylish casts currently on TV. Enviable blow-outs galore, they can often be found clad in some of the biggest names around (think Céline, Prada, and Chanel, just to name a few) as they gallivant around some of London’s most exclusive locations. Each episode leaves us with major closet envy, wondering how we’re going to recreate the same chic outfits. But style clearly comes naturally to these fashionistas – Rosie Fortescue runs atfashionforte.com, an enviable fashion blog, whilst Mark Francis’ brutal yet often accurate style advice is a highly sought after commodity.

Verity Bradley

Image Credits: James Stenson/telegraph.co.uk, MTV, Warner Bros Television, The Red List, youtube/Fox- Scream Queens, 

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram

Style