BREAKING NEWS: Over 129 People killed in multiple shootings in Paris

President Francois Hollande has declared a national state of emergency and has closed French borders following simultaneous terrorist attacks in Paris.

“an act of war”

Attacks began at around 8pm on Friday 13th November and lasted through the night into Saturday morning.

It is has been reported that around 129 have been killed in Paris at the Bataclan Concert Hall and  across the city, alongside explosions at the Stade de France and simultaneous attacks at several bars and restaurants across the capital with hundreds left wounded.

President Hollande has now reportedly called the attacks “an act of war” conducted by the Islamic state (IS) Militant group. 

French Media reported that at least 129 people have been killed in the Bataclan Arts Centre, and further reports of up to 100 hostages.

The venue was stormed by French police and there were reports of several shootings, along with reports of 5 explosions near the venue.

Three people have been killed in an attack at the Stade de France, with suggestions that it could be a suicide blast.

President Hollande was evacuated from the stadium where a football match between Germany and France was in progress prior to the outbreak of attacks.

There were also reports of shootings near the Louvre and reports of gunfire at Les Halles Shopping Centre.

1,500 military personal were being deployed across Paris. Authorities asked citizens to remain indoors.

“This has been a horribly shocking attack and I am hoping to be home safely as soon as possible.”

Impact Editor and Nottingham Student, Beth Rowland stated:

“I’m in Paris, just a mile or so from when the shootings started. We are scared and confused as we are getting little information except through the British media but are safe inside our apartment. Reports suggest marshall law has been declared and a curfew imposed – we are just staying inside and hoping for good news soon. My prayers go out to all the innocent people who have been killed or injured and their family and friends. This has been a horribly shocking attack and I am hoping to be home safely as soon as possible.”

“Paris is much calmer this morning although even from inside I can feel the stunned silence of the whole city. People are back on the streets and feel safe, but the mood is one of horror and defiance.”

Impact spoke to Beth the next day and she said:

“Paris is much calmer this morning although even from inside I can feel the stunned silence of the whole city. People are back on the streets and feel safe, but the mood is one of horror and defiance. Thank you to all family and friends sharing useful information such as British Embassy contact numbers and French emergency numbers. Social media was our only source of information last night and it was invaluable. Now we will just sit tight and wait for our flight which has been brought forward to tomorrow. Again, my thoughts are with the victims, their families and friends – here in Paris we are very aware of how lucky we are.”

“an outrageous attempt to terrorise innocent civilians”.

Furthermore, there were reports of open fire at a restaurant, Le Petit Cambodge, in the 11th district of the city, with reports of several causalities. The area was sealed off by the French police.

There were also suggestions of another attack hit Le Carillon bar situated not too far from the restaurant.

An eyewitness told Liberation that he had heard more than 100 rounds been fired at a café in the Rue de Charonne and it has been reported that up to six gunmen were involved.

Mr Hollande has called this an “unprecedented terrorist attack”

Several metro lines have been closed as a result of the attacks.

Barack Obama stated that it is “an outrageous attempt to terrorise innocent civilians.”

UK PM David Cameron has been reported to have said that he is shocked and will pledge to do “whatever we can to help”.

A hashtag campaign has emerged as a result of resounding sympathy for the victims of the attacks #PrayForParis. There are reports that iconic buildings across the world such as the Wembley Arena and the Empire State Building have been lit with french colours as a symbol of support for the victims of the Paris Attacks.

Foreign office number for those concerned about British national relatives: 02070081500.

For Irish nationals call: 00353140820000

Hannah Eves

Follow Impact News on Facebook and Twitter