Style

Inspirations of the Week

Five things that inspired us this week and determined the way we dressed. This week’s inspirations are a testament to girls that run the world – and do it in style.

1. Adele

If you haven’t seen the video for Adele’s new single ‘Hello’…firstly: have a watch above, you’re missing out – her vocals are as incredible and she made me weep. Second: do you love her makeup as much as I do? I think Adele’s faux fur coat and oversized check shirt combo is the perfect answer to autumn 9am lectures and I can’t get enough of her signature perfect winged eye liner either.

1. Malia Carter of Deepfriedfreckles
    mindy kaling 2

Malia Carter is an Ohio based fashion illustrator, blogger, and the author of All’s Fair in Love and Wardrobe and Chic-tionary. Deepfriedfreckles sums up Malia’s own quirky but cute style – think Mindy Kaling. This one-woman design machine is making me lust over fashion staples left and right. Her work is definitely worth a look if you’re in need for some wardrobe inspiration or if you just want to appreciate the stunning detail that goes into each of her watercolour designs. Check her out here.

1. Mean Girls
    Mean Girls

This week I re-watched Mean Girls, mainly for the Halloween outfit tips (but honestly who needs a reason?), and in the process I fell in love all over again with their girly world in all its mini-skirted, pink and slogan t-shirt-wearing glory. For the record in my book going to a Halloween as sexy leather clad cat woman is just as badass as going as a corpse bride.

1. Zendaya Coleman
    zendaya

The singer-actress has proved herself as not only fabulous, rising style icon but a role model for body positivity in the last week. She brazenly called out the photoshopping of her curves in Modeliste magazine, posting her non-photoshopped pictures of her shot on her own personal Instagram. This is not the first time that Zendaya has spoken out on discrimination, she has also spoken against racist slurs her locs hairstyle received at the Oscars earlier in the year. Not only do I love her ability to pull off absolutely any outfit and am inspired by her confidence in her style choices – I love her honesty and ethos too – go Zendaya!

1. Léa Seydoux in Spectre 

madelleine swann

Red lips and satin gowns may be a tad inappropriate for the current weather but I want to steal Léa’s style anyway. Spectre hit the big screen recently and I couldn’t get over how timeless and luxurious, the French bombshell’s wardrobe was as Dr Madeleine Swann.

Sophia Harris

Image Credits: Allstar/United Artists https://www.youtube.com, http://deepfriedfreckles.blogspot.co.ukwww.thedailypedia.com, www.thedishh.com  

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram

Style