Trailer Watch – Allegiant

The trailer is here for Allegiant, the penultimate film in the action-packed Divergent series, starring Shailene Woodley and Theo James.

After the events of Divergent and Insurgent, the faction system has crumbled and there are more questions than answers. As individuals from the city finally leave its walls to find out what’s on the other side, the battle suddenly becomes one between two worlds, in a fight for the survival of Tris and Four’s home.

With futuristic technology, high-tech weapons and a previously hidden society, this film looks set to be another vivid recreation of Veronica Roth’s dystopian world, sure to be welcome to fans of both the book and film series. However, as with previous installments, there are several differences from the original books. Roth’s Allegiant is also being split for the cinematic version – part two will be known as Ascendant. Whether this will be of benefit to the series has yet to be seen, but I’m excited to find out what it has to offer.

This trailer highlights the ‘creepy’ idea that the entire lives of the inhabitants of Chicago have been documented and broadcast for years. It shows how little they (and the audience) really know about the world they’re living in, being treated as experiments rather than people. But it also shows that Tris, Four, Christina and the others are still being underestimated, and will not go down without a fight.

Allegiant is in cinemas 10th March 2016.

Isobel Sheene 

Click here for more Trailer Watch

Get in touch with us via Facebook and Twitter, or leave a comment below