2016: Hot Or Not – Ratchet And Clank

Let’s wave goodbye to 2015! Good times, bad times we’ve had them all – but you know what they say, as one door closes, another one opens. Over the coming month we’ll be bringing you a snapshot of everything 2016 has to offer – the good, the bad and the ugly. Hold onto your hats folks, it’s going to be a bumpy ride!

If you’ve never played the titular games, this film may seem like an odd choice for our list. Ratchet and Clank is an expansive PlayStation franchise spanning four consoles. Now it’s taking to the big screen, for what will surely be an unforgettable interplanetary ride.

Put simply, Ratchet is a Lombax – a race on the brink of extinction – and Clank is his refugee robot/best friend. Together, they fly around the universe fixing problems and making money. This film will see Drek, an evil planet-destroying-capitalist-dictator, take on Ratchet and the Galactic Rangers, led by Captain Qwark, in a fight for galactic domination. Qwark is an egotistical humanoid built to an excessive level of hench, but lacking in any form of common sense, which makes for a brilliant contrast to the titular duo. Whilst being a fun adaptation for the gamers, this looks easily accessible for anyone, even those with no interest in the games (seriously, you should try them). Overall, it’s more than likely this film will be entertaining for the whole family.

Whilst I’ve already admitted Finding Dory will be the top animation of 2016, this could be a strong contender for 2nd place – being the underdog of the animated year. If the trailer and hilarity haven’t convinced you yet, they’ve even managed to rope in Sylvester Stallone and John Goodman for some voice acting in various alien-robotic roles. Ratchet and Clank will hopefully be excessively action packed space-madness for all ages, so make sure you catch it at the end of April. That way, you won’t have to trek to the cinema to enjoy this delightful piece of chaos.

George Driscoll

Click here for more Features and News

Get in touch with us via Facebook and Twitter, or leave a comment below.

Images sourced from ‘Ratchet and Clank’, Focus Features and Gramercy Pictures.