Police Warning released after multiple street robberies in Lenton

Within the last seven days four incidents of street robbery have occurred at knifepoint in the Lenton area.

Three of the four incidents are thought to be the work of the same two men and police urge anyone with any information regarding the crimes to come forward.

The first incident took place at around 2am on Saturday morning. A man was threatened with a knife on Lenton Boulevard and his phone, car keys, and wallet were stolen.

The police arrived at the scene and attempted to chase the men but they were able to get away. However, it has not yet been confirmed if this incident is connected to the other incidents that occurred this week.

It was later reported that at approximately 11.25pm on Monday night, two women were held at knifepoint on Dunlop Avenue. Money was stolen before the men fled the scene.

“I want to reassure people living in the Lenton area that a series of incidents like this is rare”

At 9.40pm the following night, another woman was threatened on Faraday Road. However, nothing was taken and the men made a get away towards the Cycle Road area.

Later that same night, at approximately 10.30pm, a couple were threatened at knifepoint on Church Street and money was stolen.

DC Steve Willets of Canning CID stated: “It’s important that we speak to anyone who may know who has carried out these robberies. If you saw anything suspicious around the time of these incidents, or if you know who’s responsible please get in touch.”

“I want to reassure people living in the Lenton area that a series of incidents like this is rare and we are doing everything we can to find those responsible.”

If anyone has any information that can aid the police in their investigations please call 0115 967 0999.

Update: Nottinghamshire Police have made two arrests following the robberies. Both suspects – males of 16 and 21 years of age – remain in police custody.

More to follow.

Hannah Eves

Image: http://www.geograph.org.uk/

Follow Impact News on Facebook and Twitter