Fashion Week

Milan Fashion Week: The Look for Less

Halfway through Fashion Month, Impact Style now brings you the best looks from Milan for Autumn Winter 2016/17. But here’s the best bit: we’ve trailed the high street to get ahead of the trends and let you know what’s available now and will last you through the next couple of seasons. That’s what I call student friendly fashion. 

Dolce & Gabanna / &Other Stories + Irregular Choice

[row]

[column size=’1/2′]dolce et gabbana cat[/column]

[column size=’1/2′]Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 15.13.28[/column]

[/row]

You can always count on Dolce & Gabbana for unapologetic grandeur and ostentation; checks, flowers, glitter, fringe, pompoms… they had it all, so we give you a D&G double-whammy; this feline print has been gradually slinking onto cat walks for the last few seasons. It’s not the easiest repeat print to pull off, but this silk scarf from &Other Stories lets you bag the trend whilst being subtle – £45

[row]

[column size=’1/2′]dolce et gabbana shoe[/column]

[column size=’1/2′]irregular choice nick of time 79.99[/column]

[/row]

As for the shoes, Irregular Choice offer up all manner of whimsical heels at a more affordable price tag if your feet are making the statement; this Dorothy inspired pair comes in at £79.99 and comes in other colours – anything goes with this one.

DSquared2 / Topshop

[row]

[column size=’1/2′]dsq camo use this one[/column]

[column size=’1/2′]topshop camou[/column]

[/row]

DSquared2 has tread thin lines with the inspirations for their collections in the past but the look is nonetheless a rugged mix of classic shapes and OTT embellishment. These cargo pants have become a staple of theirs – you can get the camo look with these comfy joggers at Topshop for a mere £30. Replay does a fantastic dupe of the DSquared2 pair but comes with a hefty price tag of £150.

Salvatore Ferragamo / Traffic People

[row]

[column size=’1/2′]ferra chevron[/column]

[column size=’1/2′]traffic people skirt chevron[/column]

[/row]

The chevron – a close cousin of the stripe. Ferragamo stuck them on everything from dresses to fur coats and leather handbags. There are no colour rules and layered pieces will earn you style points. Asos also carries their line and these chevron print pieces are all on sale. The skirt pictured is just £22 now in the sale.

Versace / American Apparel

[row]

[column size=’1/2′]versace sports stripes[/column]

[column size=’1/2′]aa socks[/column]

[/row]

A signature AA piece, we all either have a pair of tube socks or have seriously contemplated whether or not we could pull them off. Donatella seems to have cut the toes off and pulled them over model’s arms but if you want to go down the traditional route and adopt a more retro take of sports luxe, whip out the spandex and these bad boys – you can’t beat a classic.

Just Cavalli / Oasis

[row]

[column size=’1/2′]cavalli parker[/column]

[column size=’1/2′]oasis parker 62[/column]

[/row]

Cavalli admittedly went a little Slimane-ish but we’ll let that slide… for now. The point is: parka game strong. You can’t really go wrong with this one, and though we’re heading into warmer weather, it’ll still be a while before we can completely banish our outerwear. This one from Oasis is on sale at £62.

Jil Sander / Mango 

[row]

[column size=’1/2′]jil sander[/column]

[column size=’1/2′]backless metallic mango 39.99[/column]

[/row]

Metallic goes classy and sophisticated when worn in modest cuts. All this dress from Mango needs is a fabulous piece of costume jewellery and minimalist heels. Get yours for £39.99

Amrit Santos

Images: Vogue.co.uk, oriana.italy via Flickr, &Other Stories, Irregular Choice, Topshop

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram

Fashion WeekStyle