Food

Thaikhun: 5 Reasons You Need To Go

Barely six months since opening in the Victoria Centre, Thaikhun’s become one of our favourite places to eat and drink with it’s laid back atmosphere, good quality, authentic Thai street-food and super friendly staff. It’s definitely one restaurant you need to try and here’s why:

1. 20% Student Discount

From Sunday to Thursday, it’s one of the only (if not the only) Thai restaurants in Nottingham offering 20% student discount. Take note, that’s only off food, not drink and subject to the “max 6 guests to a table” but there’s ways to get around that (just book separate tables next to each other) and we think a fifth off the food bill is still pretty awesome.

12295703_10205224211669226_188352241_o

2. Quality Food: Halal, gluten-free and vegan options

We know how hard it is to meet everyone’s dietary requirements: Thaikhun offers an abundance of variety, at a high-level of cuisine, so you are bound to please (almost) everyone in your group.

I’d recommend getting a sharing platter for starters, which are about £7 but that’s the price per person, so £14 (£11.20 after student discount) for two people. The prawn toast and corn cakes are addictive and the best I’ve had in Nottingham based on quality; a bit greasy, though surely that’s all part of the fun, right? Just have your napkins at the ready.

12299522_10205224213709277_961450385_o

3. New Express Lunch Deal – £9

Recently launching its new Lunch Menu available Monday to Sunday from 12pm – 6pm.  Student discount doesn’t apply but a starter and main for £9 is pretty decent for a filling meal. Again, I would recommend the prawn toast or the Tom Yum Chicken, but ask for it spicy if you like a bit of kick to your food.

12901542_10153637240064422_8385377529528337071_o

4. Cocktail offers

£5 Cocktails Monday to Friday, before 8pm. We love the Coconut Mojito. All cocktails use fresh ingredients and good quality liqueur with mocktail alternatives available as well. They also come in these cool boxes:
thaikun

If cocktails aren’t your thing, there’s a variety of Thai drinks on offer which you cannot get just anywhere else. The pennywort juice is peculiar when you first taste it but goes really well with spicy food.  The tamarind juice is also a special one for those with a sweet-tooth.

5. Terrace opening mid-April

Last but not least… Thaikhun has an awesome terrace officially opening this month which is about to become even better as the weather becomes milder. Word on the street: they’re planning on installing a projector to screen images on the terrace wall (so basically like a roof-top cinema). For those looking to celebrate the end of the academic year with a group of friends or societies, Thaikhun also has a large private dining area available for hire for up to 40 people.

Convinced? If not, you might as well go try it for yourself to make up your own mind.

Thaikhun Nottingham (Thai cuisine)

http://thaikhun.co.uk/

R7, Victoria Shopping Centre, Nottingham NG1 3QN (Above Handmade Burger Co)

0115 838 9950

Open Monday to Friday, 12am-10pm

Zenab Haq

Come and follow us

Instagram:@impactmagfood

Twitter: @impactfood 

Food