Live Preview: Stormzy – Gang Signs And Prayers Tour (Rock City, 29th April)

The only way you wouldn’t know about the WickedSkengMan’s imminent arrival would be if you’ve been living under a rock. Stormzy will be making an appearance in Nottingham for his second headline show having upgraded from the Rescue Rooms to Rock City following his last show in Nottingham in October 2015. Since then Stormzy has worked on an album, which GRM Daily’s Posty has dubbed an instant classic, and I’m sure Big Mike intends to showcase this piece of work in the most epic way on this Gang Signs and Prayers Tour.

When asked what can we expect from this tour on NFTR,  Stormzy replied: “without giving too much away, anyone coming to the tour… trust me, I got you.”

He went on to say “my whole thing right now, coming back with the album, coming back with this tour, coming back with the new single has been ‘Bro I’m ready’… I’m ready to solidify my position, to certify my position, to make that transition from just Stormzy the MC to Stormzy the bad boy MC, but also this credible artist who’s really good at what he does and hopefully the album proves that, but with the tour I’m tryna do that as well. I’m trying to be larger than life and bring all my ideas, I have mad ideas! With this tour we’ve got the design, we’ve got the set, the whole theme and it’s like.. We got it yeah man.”

With the tour sold out (that’s over 40,000 tickets sold), I’m sure the Brit Award-nominated act has this tour planned to perfection and have no doubt that this will be his sickest tour yet. If you have a ticket, hopefully, I’ll see you there, if not, get on Buy and Sell and haggle for one because I’ve got a feeling that this is one of the Nottingham gigs that you don’t want to miss. I haven’t heard the album yet but I know that this tune right here is definitely gonna go off on Rock City on the 29th April…

Joshua Ogunmokun

Follow Impact Music on Facebook, InstagramTwitter and Spotify.

EntertainmentMusic