Family of student who died in car crash release statement

The family of Andrew Robertson, who died last week in a car crash outside of University Park, have released a statement.

Andrew died at around 4:45pm on March 30th after being hit by a car at high speed on Derby Road, Lenton.

A Second Year Biochemistry student at The University of Nottingham, Andrew has been described by loved ones as a ‘fun-loving’ individual with a ‘bright future ahead of him’.

Originally from Berkshire, Robertson’s family stated that he had “many friends both at university and at home” and will be dearly missed.

‘Andrew has been described by loved ones as a ‘fun-loving’ individual’

Derby Road has been described as ‘dangerous’ due to its current speed limit of 40mph, and there is much debate as to whether the limit should be lowered, or at the very least new pedestrian crossings put in place.

Nottinghamshire Police are appealing for information from anyone who might have witnessed anything around the time of the collision, and are also keen to speak to anyone with possible dash-cam footage of the event.

The crash caused hundreds of vehicles to be caught in jammed traffic for a number of hours following the catastrophe, as a large portion of Derby Road was closed off while investigations were carried out at the scene. No arrests have yet been made.

‘Nottinghamshire Police are appealing for information’

The University of Nottingham has lost a ‘team player’ who was ‘was caring, fun-loving, sociable and supportive’, and students across campus mourn the passing of a young man, gone too soon.

Robertson’s family are ‘extremely saddened’ by his death and have stated that they would ‘appreciate privacy during this difficult time’.

Holly Jenson

Image: Matt Buck via Flickr. License available here.

Follow Impact News on Facebook and Twitter