University of Nottingham student experience ranked second by international students

The University of Nottingham has been rated the second best university in the UK by international students, ranking higher than the University of Cardiff.

Each university was rated out of ten by its international students and all results were derived from opinion based student reviews. The university is one of five in the UK to have been rated ‘outstanding’ in the league table complied by StudyPortals, an independent study choice platform.

One of five in the UK to have been rated ‘outstanding’

‘Outstanding’ is measured by obtaining an average of 9.5 or more out of ten in the International Student Satisfaction Awards.

Tori Warner, a second year Psychology student from Australia, told Impact that she agreed with the ranking: “I agree that Nottingham is a great university for international students. Giving us an extra week to get to know one other before everyone arrives is really helpful. I now go travelling with other international students I’ve met here.”

It is largely up to the openness and disposition of students

Benjamin Sim Wei Ming, a second year Medicine student from Singapore, told Impact he also believes that the university deserves the ranking: “It has a global outlook and embraces diversity, with campuses in Malaysia and China. The International Office also actively promotes events like ‘Meet to eat’, ‘Language Café’ and even ‘Trips with Travel Soc.’”

Ben also added that he believes student satisfaction is largely down to the students themselves: “Nottingham University does try to make life easier but it is largely up to the openness and disposition of students.”

The International Office places a great deal of effort into building relationships with our students

Harriet Matthews, Assistant Director of the International Office at the University of Nottingham said she is ‘delighted’ with the award and “pleased that such a high proportion of surveyed students would recommend Nottingham.”

She added: “The International Office places a great deal of effort into building relationships with our students.”

Tamsin Parnell

Image: University of Nottingham 

Follow Impact News on Twitter and Facebook