Trailer Watch – The Loft

Loft: a room or space directly under the roof of a house or other building, used for accommodation or storage. The first trailer for director Eric Van Looy’s incorrectly titled murder mystery The Loft has just arrived, and has some things to be excited for.

The director has added the definite article, The, to this remake of his 2008 original, Loft, a film notable for being one of the most attended Flemish films in history. With a superb cast of James Marsden, Karl Urban, Wentworth Miller, among others, this 2015 remake will likely attract an even greater gathering of guests internationally at theatres with its star-studded cast.

In the film, five married men own a discreet loft for liaising with their mistresses. When a woman is found murdered in the loft, the men are all instant suspects among one another due to the fact only they have the keys to secure access to their shared haven. In the trailer, a few shots really help create a sense of tension required for any worthwhile thriller. If this all translates to the final film, then it could make for a pretty entertaining time.

However, with what looks like a predictable plot where you can almost guarantee one of the five is responsible for the woman’s murder is a premise we have seen before,  the excitement quickly dissipates as the trailer goes on.

Find out what’ll happen when The Loft is released on January 23rd 2015.

Glenn Tanner

Click here for more Trailer Watch

Let us know your thoughts on this trailer via Facebook and Twitter, or leave a comment.

Writer and Editor for the Film & TV section of Impact, Bharat is a keen previewer, reviewer and sometimes just viewer, of all things cinematic and televisual, with a particular passion for biographical pictures, adaptations and sitcoms.