Fashion Week

LFW/NYFW AW’15: Street Style

With New York’s and  London’s Fashion Weeks officially over, Impact Style takes a look at some of the best style seen on the streets. 

1

Note to self: this is how you wear flares. The trend that is admittedly difficult to get right, without looking too much flower-power hippie-esque, looks fabulous with the leopard print faux fur coat and wide brim hat. Bang on trend, sophisticated and extraordinary.

2

I love everything about this outfit. It manages to be a statement without being too eccentric – she would not be out of place in the supermarket around the corner. And that blue: let’s just all take a second to thank Yves Klein for what he has given the world. Overall this was one of my favourite street style looks just because she manages to stand out without trying hard to.

3

All white is another one of those trends for Spring 2015 I love but have no clue how to pull off. She managed to do it beautifully (even adding a bit of flare and faux fur- two more major trends at the moment). Although may be a bit impractical this look is super chic and glamourous – and then again who ever said fashion has to be practical?

4

There is something about this look I just love. The simplicity of it: the monochrome top and skirt with that splash of colour in scarf and hat. It looks utterly random but works so well.

5

Yellow was the biggest surprise this New York Fashion Week as several street style stars chose the colour. Admittedly not the most versatile of all and rather difficult to pull off, it did brighten up the otherwise cold and dreary New York weather. This is a perfect example: the jumper – so big and cosy we are having serious knit envy – speaks for itself and only needs a funky pair of sunglasses and a box bag to shine. Practicable, comfy and seriously fashionable this might just be one of the best street style looks this season.

6

Ever since Blake Lively wore one, we’ve been a fan of patterned capes- and this one is especially fabulous. Add the splashes of red, a black turtleneck and those seriously chic gloves et voila – a gorgeous street style look is born. Oh and don’t forget a good pair of sunglasses to round your outfit off.

7

Tassels – one of this season’s biggest trends – is easily one of my favourites. It doesn’t just add instant street style worthiness to any look, but it is also fun to play with. It is nearly impossible for this fashionista to not twirl and spin and show of those fabulous red dip dyed tassels. Matched with a camel coat, a hat and the cutest ankle boots, this outfit is there to remind us all that fashion is really about having fun and experimenting.

8

Cropped top, high neck: check. Cape with slits: check. White: check. This look has serious Vogue qualities by including more trends than thought possible and still managing to look understated! Although she looks thoroughly frozen, this outfit might just be worth it.

9

Who doesn’t love a chunky knit? There is something about a good one that just makes any outfit look instantly fashionable. Matched with the red clutch, denim skirt, striped shirt and tussled hair this look is very – and excuse the stereotype – Parisian. It just has that ‘je ne se quoi’. And, above all, it looks really comfy and warm.

10

Sometimes the best street style looks are the ones that are intended to be photographed. The ones that were put out to stand out and the ones that catch your eye. This is one of them. Loud, fun, colourful and simply stylish. A much photographed look that deserves to have been.

Raphaela Ring

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram

Images: Dvora, Vogue.com, Style.com, Styleograph.com

Fashion WeekStyleStyle News