Style

STYLE NEWS – 20-27/03/2015

This week in Style…

PHARREL WILLIAMS DOES IT AGAIN

pharrel4

After a seemingly endless list of fashion collaboration (Uniqlo, Moynat, Adidas, G-Star Raw, Moncler….), fashion movies like “Reincarnation” with no other than Cara Delevigne and for no other than Chanel and an infinite amount of “best dressed” looks on the red carpet (despite being a repeated shorts with a suit offender), it is finally official: Pharrell Williams is a fashion style icon. At least according to the CFDA fashion awards. On June 1st the singer, songwriter, producer will join the ranks of the likes of Rihanna, Johnny Depp, Kate Moss and Lady Gaga and be honoured with the CFDA Fashion Icon award. In the words of Diane von Furstenberg, the president of the CFDA, “If cool was a person, it would be Pharrell, not just for his looks and sense of style but for his kindness and openness. I cannot imagine anyone not seduced by him.” We just want to congratulate Pharrell and are excited to see what he will be wearing to the awards where the other winners will be announced.

MARC BY MARC JACOBS

marcjacobs3

What is actually happening at Marc by Marc Jacobs? There have been so many rumours, so many confirmations and now Marc Jacobs – formerly very outspoken about his anti-social-media attitude – has his own Instagram account (with the first post being – what else – a picture of him with the caption “No filter, (some filler)!” ) Here is the low down on what has been happening: Marc by Marc Jacobs will be absorbed into his main collection – Marc Jacobs. The brand will still create collections at both ends of the price spectrum and it is looking into expanding the middle area further. What will happen to the MBMJ stores and Luella Bartley and Katie Hillier, the current creative directors of MBMJ, is still unclear. So is whether it will affect us, as consumes, all that much. In the meantime become one of 48k followers and stay up to date with @themarcjacobs.

BEYONCE X GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI

beyonce2

Queen B is on it again. One pair of shoes is her next project. Beyonce is collaborating with the equally talented Giuseppe Zanotti to create one pair of fabulous shoes. Although it will most definitely be out of our student budget, a girl can dream, right? Not much has been revealed about the design apart from that it will be an “ultra-thick platform” with a stiletto heel – nothing less spectacular was to be expected. The shoe design is currently being finalised and we shall soon be able to swoon at the fruits of those two fashion icons.

MARY KATRANTZOU

mary5

Mary Katrantzou, best known for her colourful palette and quirky designs, has won the acclaimed BFC/Vogue Fashion Designer fund which will provide her with a year of intense tutoring and 200,000 GBP to fund her collections. The designer has applied previously and stood out amongst a strong group of competitors. She will now join the ranks of previous winners such as Erdem, Christopher Kane and Jonathan Saunders. The fund, which is now in its sixth year, has proven to boost young designer’s careers and we are expecting greatness from the already amazing Mary, who has recently collaborated with Adidas on what might just be the most colourful workout collection ever.

PROENZA SCHOULER VIDEO CAMPAIGN

proenza

Sometimes the campaigns are as good if not better than the collections. I can spend endless hours watching campaign videos or working my way through pages and pages of ads in Vogue. One that stood out for me this season was the video campaign by Proenza Schouler, starring not crew models but their muses Liv Tyler, Chloë Sevigny, Binx Walton, and artist India Salvor Menuez. Apparently the video was inspired partly by the docu-series “Real Sex” and by the hidden camera TV-series “Taxicab confessions” and was shoot by star-photographer Harly Weir. The result titled “Legs are not Doors” is a glamourous and very, very personal campaign. Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrBJNBBCEEg

Raphaela Ring

Images: Getty, instagram.com/themarcjacobs, Proenza Schouler 

Follow Impact Style on TwitterFacebook and Instagram

StyleStyle News