FRESHERS PLAYLIST: Hungover

It’s the morning after the night before. Now it’s time to soothe your hangover with the second instalment of our Freshers Week Playlists. 

Mac DeMarco – Ode to Viceroy

If this is your first foray into the dreamy sounds of the self-proclaimed Pepperoni Playboy, here’s a good place to dip in. Macky’s homage to Viceroy brand cigarettes is a perfect encapsulation of his off-kilter charm.

Ady Suleiman – Wait For You

Did you fall in love at a freshers event? The fuck is wrong with you? OK, it’s alright; Ady Suleiman has the perfect track to nurse your unwanted emotions. Read Impact‘s interview with Ady here

Cherry Glazerr – Had Ten Dollaz

Freshers Week is a great way to cut the fat from your as yet untouched student loan. Swap the ‘dollaz’ for ‘pounds’ and here’s the fuzz-pop soundtrack to your morning.

Frank Ocean – Pink + White

If you didn’t know, Frank Ocean dropped an album and it is fire. If you were one of the people that pretended you were a Frank fan because everyone else seemed to be, just put this on and say it’s your favourite off of the album. 

Sunday Morning – The Velvet Underground

The beautiful thing about Freshers Week is that every night feels like Friday and every morning feels like Sunday. Never has a song managed to capture the Sunday morning atmosphere better than this classic offering from the Velvet Underground.

Childish Gambino – Sober

Here’s an absolute tune and the title is probably pretty relevant. Drink less next time.  Childish Gambino is also a heavily underrated individual. Between him and Donald Glover, he’s pretty much covered everything in showbiz. 

Listen to the full playlist here

Joshua Ogunmokun and Maddy Hay

Follow Impact Music on Facebook, InstagramTwitter and Spotify.