The University of Nottingham among the best in the world

According to the Times Higher Education, the University of Nottingham remains in the top 150 of the 2018 World University Rankings.

The league table positioned the University of Nottingham (UoN) in 147th place, the same as last year.

From the UK universities in the league table, the UoN is placed 21st, moving up a position from last year.

Jimi Harold, a second-year Physics student told Impact: “It feels crazy to know [that] I am learning at one of the best places in the UK. I think that we can even make top 20 if we really try.”

“Once again, the THE World University Rankings recognises Nottingham as one of the UK — and indeed the world’s — top performing universities”

The ranking features a total of 1,000 institutions from 77 countries. The United Kingdom has 31 institutions in the top 200.

Dr. Paul Greatrix, Registrar at the UoN, said: “Once again, the THE World University Rankings recognises Nottingham as one of the UK — and indeed the world’s — top performing universities. During an uncertain and turbulent time for higher education, this is a terrific recognition for Britain’s global university and a reflection of the University’s truly international connections.”

Sarah Lindgarde

Featured image courtesy of ‘Matt Buck’ via Flickr. License here.
Follow Impact News on Facebook and Twitter for more updates and information on how to get involved.