Impact is the University of Nottingham’s official student magazine. We are published by the UoN’s Students’ Union and have been in operation since 1939. Run entirely by volunteers, we publish a free 68-page full colour magazine six times every academic year, as well as this website.
If you’d like to contact us, you can do so in the following ways:
Post: Please post any correspondence, including products for review, to: Impact Magazine, Portland Building, University Park, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, NG7 2RD
Email: Please direct emails to the relevant department:
- email@example.com – Editor-in-Chief, general enquiries
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Administration
- email@example.com – Advertising
- firstname.lastname@example.org – PR, Distribution and Socials
- email@example.com – Magazine design
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Photography
- email@example.com – News
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Features
- email@example.com – Comment
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Sport
- email@example.com – Arts
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Music
- email@example.com – Film and Television
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Science
- email@example.com – Travel
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Style
- email@example.com – Food
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Gaming
Advertising: Please direct all advertising enquiries to email@example.com.
Social Media: All our social media links can be found here. We have a general Facebook page, which is updated with lots of exciting news, so please ‘like’ it! Section Facebook groups for contributors can be found on our ‘get involved’ page. You can also follow us on twitter @impactmagazine.
Office location: Our office is located in C40, inside the Portland Building on the University Park campus. From the main entrance of Portland, follow the stairs upwards to the first level and then turn right. Our office is just across from the SU Hub and next to the hairdressers. We are signposted from the main entrance.
Awards: Impact reporter Nicola Byrom became Mind’s Student Journalist of the Year 2009 for making an exceptional contribution to mental health awareness. Impact has also won several awards at the annual Guardian Student Media Awards. We became Student Magazine of the Year in 2001 and were runner-up in this category in 2005 and 2007. We were also runner-up in the category for Student Publication Design of the Year for the 2006 awards.
Writers for the magazine have also won individual awards, including Amy Franks for Student Columnist of the Year and Nosheen Asghar for Student Diversity Writer of the Year in 2002, and Paul Robins for Sports Writer of the Year in 2004. Furthemore, in 2011, Dave Jackson (Editor-in-Chief 2010-2011) was nominated for the Student Journalist of the Year category of the Mind Media Awards. Impact was named Student Publication of the Year 2012 by Ones to Watch and has been shortlisted for the Guardian Student Publication of the year award 2013. In 2014, we were awarded Guardian Student Website of the Year.